Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Judging Criticism!

Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. (Jas. 4:11)

The act of judging others is a thought that seeps in without warning, which in itself leaves danger lurking in the midst. But to act on this judgment brings criticism into the picture and takes this trap to another level entirely. In other words, it announces my judgments to those around me, leaving myself exposed to my own demise.

These announcements may be revealed in any number of ways. A sly statement made on another’s behalf, the agreement with someone else buying into their judgment, or even a critical look thrown in the direction of an unassuming victim. All of these acts reveal a weakness in me that removes God as my ultimate authority, and leaves me open to His ultimate criticism.

I pray as these unwelcome judgments seep into my thoughts, I have the awareness to dismiss them instantly, removing any and all power they have to transform into the criticism of others, no matter the means by which they manifest.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment