Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks for My Blessings

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.  Col 3:15

This Thanksgiving has an empty place for me, and I’ve decided to fill it with the blessings that have brought me peace.

First and foremost, I have been blessed with a strengthened relationship in God. He is my pillar and without him, my life would be completely empty. He gives me purpose and helps me find peace. 

My second pillar of strength is my wife Stephanie, who brings holiness to our marriage (1 Cor 7:14). She gives me council and an ear to listen. She is my shoulder to cry on in times of need. She is my love, and I give thanks to her for her patience in me. 

Third are my children Dalton, Dylan and Angel, for they are my best teachers! I continue to learn through them that the little things are far more important than what we think of as the big things. Just as a pebble dropped in a pond starts with small ripples…these small ripples are the cause of the bigger waves. 

Finally, my extended family and friends for which the previous blessings have a landscape to take root and grow with interaction and support…I give thanksgiving to you all.

These are the things I am thankful for. Everything else is a direct result of or just filler in this life journey.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment