Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Monday, November 29, 2010

My Foolish Ways

Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. (1 Cor 1:27)
There was a time when I had all the answers, but somehow I didn’t score well on the test. This foolish behavior didn’t get me very far. I would stumble and fall yet didn’t know why. It is also hard for me to learn when I become stubborn in my thinking. When I have humbled myself and allowed the illusion of my self-righteous power to be put into check, I always discover something about myself and grow in the process.
As I venture through this phase of my journey, I need to remind myself that the choices I make help define who I am...and I declare that I do not want to be shamed by being a powerful fool!  
Going forward, I pray for wisdom to recognize when I am being foolish and the humility to withdraw from my self-righteous power struggles.
May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment