Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Seek and You Will Find

I write in my journal every night. I explore many thoughts, topics, prayers and council that I have encountered during my day. There is one topic or prayer that makes its way onto my pages every night in some way…this being the guidance of the Lord. I have versed this in many different ways, such as: Please Lord, lead me down your path and I will follow; Dear Lord, I pray I recognize your guidance and have the courage to follow; Dear God, show me your way and I will follow it faithfully. This is how I attempt to seek and pray that the Lord will give me direction. I fall short of recognizing his guidance more often than not, but it is up to me to stay diligent and remain aware of his gentle nudges. Proverbs 3:5-6 states

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;

do not depend on your own understanding.

Seek his will in all you do,

And he will show you which path to take.


It is hard for me NOT to rely on my own understandings to be the way I proceed most times. It is the times when I stay quiet and listen that his path takes shape and I tend not to stumble.


The broad path that I have followed in the past was full of my own understandings and self-righteousness. As I seek the Lord and follow his will for me, I find a much more focused path to follow…and follow it I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment