Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It Is Better to Give Than to...

All of us can finish this scripture without even thinking about it…for Jesus stated, “…It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 21:35. I was listening to a teaching from James Ryle last week, and he made a statement that was very profound to me. He said, “You cannot give away that which you do not have”. Now that may seem obvious to most of you, but to me, it was very enlightening. I then decided to make a list of the things/traits that I do have.


Here is a condensed version of some of the things that made my list: Faith, Patience, Love, The Gift to Listen, Artistic Ability, A Home, and Money. There is more, but these are some of the things that came right off the top. Now the question is…how do I give these things away?


So this is what I will try to accomplish since these are things that I possess…

  • Faith: Share my belief in Christ and how he has comforted me in my journey.
  • Patience: To be still with others in times when they are anxious.
  • Love: Be there without judgement in times of need for family, friends and strangers alike.
  • The Gift to Listen: James 1:19 – “You must be quick to listen and slow to speak…”
  • Artistic Ability: To share my God given talents when given the opportunity.
  • My Home: My door has and will always be open.
  • Money: Although I do not have much, I will loosen my grip on this complicated possession.

I know with the first few of these; the more you give it away the more it will come back to you. I am willing to venture that it is also true with all of these.


As I put this into practice, I will share my progress in future entries.


May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment