Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Choices We Make...

Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. (Rom. 6:16)

I want to preface this entry that upon completing the last sentence, I realized I had written from this passage once before. I was astounded and began searching out another scripture to write from. I then realized this passage has layers of depth for me that need to be explored. And so I continue…

Through my journey, I have battled a number of desires, temptations and several bouts of misdirection, which have altered my course and caused me to stumble many times. I could claim the illusion that these encounters were thrust upon me, removing all accountability for the sinful actions that inevitably followed.

The truth is, whether thrust upon me or the choosing of my own free will, I am ultimately responsible for the choices I make. It is just the way things are. Some of these decisions come with little resistance, and require a simple sidestep one way or the other. Others are attached to greater adversaries and are overwhelming to conquer alone. Yet In the end, it is I who has to make the ultimate decision as to which direction I choose. This scenario could play itself over and over again, and with each roll of the dice there is no guarantee of the outcome.

I now choose to pray and obey God in this process. This has removed the guesswork of my old tendencies and has brought clarity to the direction I am headed. It leaves no room for indecisiveness when it comes to vital choices of faith and the path I should follow. With God as the lead, it clears the pull of temptation and allows them to fall away without a second thought.

The choices I make can either enslave me or set me free, and by choosing to obey God, freedom and righteous living are at hand.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment