Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Failing Expectations!

So he will do to me whatever he has planned. He controls my destiny. (Job 23:14)

When frustration sets in, the cause usually lies in the failure of my expectations. This swells my blaming nature into target practice searching out prey, and the injured victim is inevitably me. My pride, ego and self-worth take a direct hit, which leaves me in disarray trying to catch my spiritual balance.

Job was frustrated with God because the results of his circumstance were failing by what he expected from God. He was determined that he deserved favor from God and questioned His wisdom by not observing his loyalty. In the end, Job surrendered in the presence of God realizing with all His power there is purpose in all He allows.

I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. (Job 42:2)

As this sinks in, I begin to understand that the timing of my surroundings are not in my control, and what I expect to happen does not fall within my boundaries. If I observe what takes place and allow Gods timing to fulfill expectations, my dissatisfaction does not occur. I am learning to accept the fact that there is purpose in all things. I believe God allows the unexpected to take place to strengthen our spirit, and pull us closer to Him. With my situation, I am in the midst of experiencing that very attraction.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Michael, I feel for you and your wife on your loss. It is so hard to have a child die when you feel that they should outlive you. My son was killed in 1980, and I never talked about it until I went to a bereavement group for my husband. Now I grief for both. So don't be like me. Hug your wife and talk about your loss. Don't repress your feelings. Talking really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,
    Thank you for this. So many times your blogs hit home with me and help me with my struggles!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete