Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Prosperity of God!

Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. (1 Tim. 6:6-7)

My journey has brought me to understand certain things, which prior to coming to my proverbial fork in the road inhabited my thoughts, more than my heart. I failed to realize the depth of where true prosperity lies.

There have been numerous occasions in my past, in which pacifying a void resulted in me needing more possessions. The initial rush of this filler just prolonged the inevitable. This cycle would continue, causing me to lose sight of what caused the onslaught. The idea of having more or keeping pace with the tempo that surrounded me became impossible to sustain. Whether accumulating possessions for actual comfort or to maintain some facade of status, doesn't matter in the end.

There is nothing wrong with living well and acquiring the comforts of life. I just need to be careful that I do not allow this to define who I am…all of these things are temporary. I have learned to become very content in my current state, realizing there is no possession I could obtain to replace my sorrow. God is the only comfort that consistently lifts this burden from my heart.

My true prosperity lies in my faith. God is abundant! He is my constant comfort that came with me into this world, and will be there when I go home.
 
May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment