Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Satisfaction...

Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct. (Gal 6:4-5)

Whether it is human nature, the culture I live in, or a little of both, the act of comparing myself to others has been a subtle theme throughout my journey. At times, I felt I was owed something by the achievements of others. This usually followed my own failings of some sort. Whether it was jealousy or envy, this scavenger hunt attempted to deliver satisfaction from outside myself.

“Turn envy into inspiration” is a so-called profound statement I would use at times. Rather than be envious of others success, I would try and let their success inspire me. This didn’t work! It placed my attempted accomplishments in their hands, and when I failed to match their stature…envy would return two-fold. This would lead nowhere until I set out in another direction, usually with discontent as my motive. This cycle followed me for some time, pushing me to strive for a more simple solution.

My renewed faith and self-reflection has become the simple solution that answers this calling. This path has me settled in the direction of following God. It has taken others out of the approval role, placing that designation firmly in the hands of the All Mighty. This simple solution requires consistent reflection to remain renewed in my faith. As I read the Word daily and apply it to my journey with truth in my heart, the satisfaction I seek falls into place, and my faith becomes renewed with each day.

My accomplishments are now centered in my faith, and the need to compare them with others no longer exist. I am responsible for this truth, and pray God will continue to lead me in this way.

May God bless you and give you Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment