Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Monday, January 10, 2011

I am a Christian!

Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. (Eph. 3:17)

I have always considered myself a Christian. It was a label I assumed at a young age attending church and Sunday school. It became the auto response when the question of faith was presented…“yes, I’m a Christian…” I would say. Reflecting back that is all it was, a label. I had no true concept of what it meant. In fact the main value I attached to this was that I was a “good” person. It is a bit chilling when I think of it now, but Christ had little if nothing to do with this self imposed Christian label.

This being my Christian concept, when I encountered people truly convicted in their faith, I thought of them as occult. This is to say, my perception was they were too enthralled in Jesus, and were not in touch with reality. I would steer clear of these “bible thumpers” for fear of entrapment or exposure.

Early on this past year I began a different perspective on my Christian concept. I was hearing a different message in sermons and other faith based discussions. The truth is I was beginning to listen rather than just being present in these encounters. I began to allow the fear of letting go dissipate, and began to tune into the truth of the message…and the truth shall set you free (John 8:32). The truth is Christ died for my sins, and now makes His home in my heart as I trust in Him. There is more to this truth, but this powerful beginning hooked me, once I grasped the depth of this reality.

When my Angel passed away several months after this change of perspective, I was shocked and overwhelmed with confusion. I most definitely had my questions of why, how could this happen! It was a surreal state that is impossible for me to convey. In this state, I never blamed God or became angry. I attribute this to the new relationship I had in Christ. My Angel Girl now knows a deeper truth in all things and I believe that Christ is using her to grow my faith in Him.

I am a Christian because Christ makes his home in my heart as I trust in him. He died for my sins and will continue to wash them away as I release them to him with true repentance. I will be bold in my convictions of Him trusting His light will shine from me. I am a Christian!

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment