Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Change of Heart!

Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way. (2 Cor. 7:9)
The New Year brings with it the renewing idea of change. Change the way we eat, the way we exercise, handle our finances, attend church, and so on. There is a reverent attitude that the New Year brings that motivates us to change. This inner dialog of commitment has me observing the change I have experienced which continues to transform me.
The sorrow that landed on my heart last year propelled the change that I continue with. This inner transformation was a choice, and it could have gone in any number of directions. I could have chose to wallow in my grief, become a victim, and allow God to be the blame. There was also the option to go numb and medicate the emotion, losing all sense of reality. Then there was the option to search out God for comfort and understanding.
The Lord cares deeply when his loved ones die. (Ps. 116:15)
As I fell to the option to search out God, I have come to KNOW that He weeps along with me. This KNOWING has brought an inner change that is necessary for me to grow and witness how God works around me in all situations. The blessings I have been in tune with and realized, have always occurred, I just failed to notice or brushed them aside as coincidence. This change in my heart has opened my eyes to these blessings as Gods interaction in all things.
I will continue to seek the change that God has planted in my heart. I know as time goes by, the change that I have today will continue to transform me and I will have a greater perspective of Him tomorrow.
May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment