Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

1 2 3 God...

A few weeks ago I awoke with the statement “123 God” imprinted in my mind. It was a little strange, but I accepted it and wrote it down. I decided to read every verse in the Bible that coincided with this combination. This would include all of the 1:23, 12:3, and 123’s that there were in the Old and New Testament.
 
I was at a loss, nothing jumped out at me. I highlighted verses that I thought had a particular meaning, but nothing really connected on the level I was expecting. That was, until last night. I was preparing for my blog entry, which was on another subject entirely, and there it was. It just popped off the page!

But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News... (Col. 1:23)

This is so crucial for me. Even though I am committed to my faith and this new journey I have begun, I have a tendency is to become complacent. Complacency for me shifts my gear into idle, and I do not want to stand idle as God and the Good News is moving in my life. So, I am going to stand firm in the conviction of this truth, but I am also going to move with it and go wherever it takes me.

Right now I have been moved to write this journal. I am learning many things about myself on this journey, and I hope the things I learn bring you comfort!

May God bless you and give you Grace!

1 comment:

  1. Michael,

    Thank you so much for posting these! I have found them so meaningful and I really appreciate your willingness to share your journey with the rest of us.

    Dede Bonelli

    ReplyDelete