Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

To God's Own Self Be True

No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit (1 Cor. 2:11)

This message is very powerful and fulfilling. God has placed His spirit within me, which is that of the same spirit that dwells in Him. He gives this to me freely because I know and believe in His son Jesus. This allows His wisdom and Love to grow in my heart and links my personal connection to Him. The next line of scripture defines this…

And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us. (1 Cor. 2:12)

Shakespeare wrote the phrase “To thine own self be true” which is such a profound statement, yet it clearly states a self-barometer mode of filter. I have stated many times to my self and my children that “you can’t lie to yourself…you always know your own truth.” And this is true, but lacks the Divine wisdom that is needed to grow.

When I apply this scripture to this line of thought, it gives a Divine measure for this internal gauge. I know His inner connection exists in spirit. I also realize that as I learn to rely on His truth, rather than my own, I will gain wisdom that is of the spirit and not self imposed.

I pray that I release my hold on my own self-imposed truth, and allow my inner spirit, which is a gift from God to bring Divine truth alive in me for clearer spiritual wisdom.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment