Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Gravity of Grief

Laughter can conceal a heavy heart, but when the laughter ends, the grief remains. (Prov. 14:13)

The gravity of Grief involves uneven distribution. As it circles around, it is like a weighted ring that fails to find consistent balance. Although I have experienced some joy, the impending wallow remains at an unknown distance in this unsteady cycle.

I realize that this specific turn in the rotation likely stems from the season that is upon us, but there is a different emotion attached to this wave. The days leading up to, and even the day of that Holy time went smoothly and the joy of Christmas day was evident. Now, as things settle back into the normal routine of life, the obvious has become even more vacant.

The reality of my circumstance has succeeded to bear heavy on my heart once again. I recognize that this cycle is temporary and will swing away from my consciousness as long as I turn to God for comfort and guidance as I have in my recent past.

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. (2 Cor. 1:4)

I pray that as I move through the cycles of grief, I remain diligent in seeking Gods comfort knowing that he is the source of my peace in these and all times.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment