Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Afraid Factor

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

There are times when going into unknown situations causes my fear to kick in. This may include attending an outing with relative strangers, going on an interview of some sort, or allowing myself to join a group in which I do not know anyone. All is fine until the day or even the hour is upon me…then the churning kicks in, and the thought of canceling out chimes in. This scenario has been prevalent in my past and still creeps in from time to time.

This “afraid” factor is me being concerned with what others think of me rather than allowing God to be the ultimate authority of who I am. God is telling me here that I am not to be afraid or discouraged, because his strength is all I need. This is taking this scripture to a simple, personal day-to-day level dealing with ordinary circumstances, but I feel that is what is necessary to have the Word work in my life.

I know as I go forward, I will see strangers and unknown events as a challenge to grow in God. When I am afraid, it means that I am allowing God to be absent. When I bring him to the forefront, he will strengthen me and the fear I experienced will not be a factor in how I proceed. He will be victorious!

May God bless you and give you Grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment