Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Steering God?

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. (Ps 139:23)
When I lay awake at night and reflect on my day, I will pray and have closing thoughts and conversation with God.
There are times I catch myself trying to steer God. Such as asking him for guidance and then suggesting where that guidance should come from. These occurrences are subtle to me, but God hears them loud and clear. Being the patient God that he is, he just waits for me to catch up and realize the error of my ways. I then have to snap out of it and humble myself back in line with Him.
God knows my thoughts and needs before they are even a twinkling flash in my complicated mind. He is just waiting for me to recognize and ask for those needs myself. Life is much easier when I’m in sync with what God already knows I need. This is a process that is slowly unfolding for me.
My prayer is to allow Gods guidance to flow in my life, and for me not to drive using my own road map.
May God bless you and give you Grace!

1 comment:

  1. Laura Freezia WorleyDecember 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

    Michael that is so true often we pray for things and then don't get what we want and get frustrated because things didn't go the way we were "steering them" when what we should do is listen for Him to do what He already has planned..and we just need to trust .. I am so proud of your walk I look forward to more wisdom I love you big bro .. xx00

    ReplyDelete