Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fanning the Flame

This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Tim 1:6-7)

My spiritual path has led me through the valley, over the hills, across the plains and deep in the seas. The point is, I have been all over the map in my journey, and my consistency would fall where my comfort level settled. When I hit this comfort level, I would become complacent, and the spiritual gift that God gave me would begin to smolder.

These times would sneak up on me, and before I knew it, this gift was down to a flicker. This left me to wonder what was wrong and how did I get here. I would then re-map my steps to bring me around the globe once again. These times have been so spread out and sporadic, that to pinpoint the root of this exhaust was not in my grasp.

Through my recent circumstance I have found myself starting anew each day. This has shortened my path around the globe so that Gods gift can remain at a warm ambient glow. This daily fanning of the flame is giving my relationship and reliance on God the oxygen it needs to keep the flame of God’s spiritual gift ablaze.

I am finding my journey today more powerful and full of love than ever before. Self-discipline has become second nature and my selfish desires seem to be fading away. I know this is due to the daily awareness and willingness to fan into flames the spiritual gift that God has given me.
 
May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment