Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

What is Your Everything?

If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” 
 (Mar. 9:23)

This is an all-powerful statement, especially when you identify what “everything” stands for. I believe that God has the power to create, change, heal, or destroy any and all things as he chooses. However, God wants his children to set their own sail. He prefers to be the wind that navigates us through life’s current.

I know that God does not cause bad things to happen, but rather allows them to happen through the course of life. My belief is this is for the purpose of growth and faith building. Which is a Divine plan that draws us back to him. I do believe that if I was convicted in my faith to the depth of my core without reservation what so ever, I could ask for anything and I would receive it. Yet, there is that little resistance point in which just a sliver of doubt can hinder my sought after results. I know this all to well as some months ago, I prayed with all of my heart and soul as part of my life just slipped away.

I then found myself abandoned in an ocean of uncertainty. I floated in this contemplation and disbelief for a while, and slowly, I started to swim. I have now built a raft and I am floating where the current takes me. Once my direction is clear, I will set sail and allow the wind to carry me the rest of the way.

My “everything” stands for my faith…and God is the wind that carries me!

May God bless you and give you Grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment