Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Choice to Accept!

So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls. (James 1:21)

Life is a journey of the choices we make. I would say that from the time I was young, into my teens and through early adulthood I had a yearning to know God, yet I felt the need to resist this relationship. This resistance was completely based on fear. I genuinely thought that if I stepped into the light that I would be stranded with no way to retreat. 

I know now as I choose to step, and continue to walk with Him, that the idea of retreat is unnecessary. As I move forward, I see that walking with God is what carries me because His word was planted in me from the beginning. The yearning was God’s whisper, for He was just waiting for me to accept His saving truth.

There are many consequences as a result of not choosing to take that step, and all the filth and evil lead that charge. The steps themselves can come from a number of different circumstances. There may be a judgment you hold that consumes you. If you allow God to be the judge, it will release that hold and will no longer consume you…and that is a step towards God. If you are struggling with forgiveness, no matter the reason, give this burden to God. Realize that when we forgive, it doesn’t make what someone has done right in our eyes, but rather gives God the authority for that vision…and that is a step towards God.

As I choose to take the steps I take, the yearning of God’s whispers keep my soul moving forward. I humbly accept the words that God has planted in my heart, and it is up to me to whisper them to you.

May God bless you and give you Grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment