Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Judgment Journey

Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. (Matt. 7:1)

This is a simple and direct scripture in that it is crystal clear as to what it conveys. But there is more going on here than what is seen at face value. The Spirit of God lives in all believers and the ember that is waiting to catch fire dwells in all others. So, to come to a personal conclusion on anyone is to cast judgment against God Himself.

There are times when the act of judgment comes upon me without notice. Before I know it, I have formed an opinion of someone for something they have said, done or even accomplished. I am aware that this usually stems from some kind of insecurity or fear from my past. It may consist of just small idle chatter or involve a much deeper offense of some sort. I must remember…the standard I use in judging is the standard by which I will be judged. (Matt. 7:2 - versed in the first person)

God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor? (Jas. 4:12)

When I am able sift through and discard these judging thoughts as they surface, I realize it is not my place to cast judgment. This authority, rest in the hands of God alone. I do not have the knowledge of purpose to know why some may do what they do. But God, in His ultimate wisdom, does!

I pray that God will act as my Divine filter and His Spirit that lives within me will steer my thoughts away from the slippery act of judging others.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment