Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Simplicity of the Gospel

…You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. (Luke 10:27)  

This to me is the simplicity of the Gospel. Simplicity does not always mean simple. There are times in the course of my days that obstacles spike up suddenly…driving in traffic comes’ to mind. There are many other instances where this simplicity is challenged. But, it is up to me to realign myself with these most important commandments. Jesus followed up this passage with:

“Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!” (Luke 10:28)

What this Golden Rule tells me is, when I follow this in my heart, all other commandments are fulfilled. And when Jesus tells me I will live, He is letting me know that eternal life is my reward.

When I write these journal entries, one of my goals is to keep them short and simple. I do this so that there is less of a burden to follow along and grasp what my thoughts and beliefs are. With this in mind, think of the simplicity of the Gospel. God wants us to grasp what he has presented to us. It is easy to get caught up in trying to over analyze the Word of the Lord. However, if we keep it as simple as this scripture, our life will follow the Word and the Word will be known to us.

May God bless you and give you Grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment