Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Quiet Observation

Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. (1 Cor. 13:12)

The past few days have brought a bit of clarity to my overall perspective. My outlook is far from crystal clear, but I have realized an obvious shift in how I view the state of my surroundings.

It is my responsibility to observe with an open heart, and allow any and all situations to find a resting point before bringing them to my own conclusion. There have been too many times that I’ve permitted my surroundings to instantly dictate my response, emotion or even purpose. More often than not, this has lead to strife or conflict. Whether simple or severe, this tension is unsettling for the soul and removes God from the equation.

When I quiet myself and observe slowly, I see a different picture than the flash that I initially saw. This lets me know that I do not have all the answers and my viewpoint is just that…my viewpoint. Others have a different view all together. It is God that has accurate perspective and knows the truth in all situations. So, being patient in these times, and allowing God’s truth to surface is helping bring my clouded view into focus.

I pray that the cloudy reflections I see around me find focus and clarity through Gods truth and that I recognize these times through His view.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment