Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Power of Being Humble

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. (1 Pet 5:6)

I have never been one to think of being humble as a weakness…in contrast I have also never looked at it as a strength. There is relief in the notion that I am not always right and to give way to the wisdom of others, especially God. This frees the burden of the illusion of perfection and allows my power to come from weakness.

There are times I allowed myself to be stubborn and suffered through the battle of establishing my stance. This always leads to ill will and judgment towards others and the result is the damage of stress. These humbling opportunities pertained to people, places or things, which are prevalent through the course of life. I have found peace in giving way to alternative answers in these situations.

To humble myself before God is an entirely different matter. As a physical being, I am attached to the physical world and measure myself against things my human senses experience. So when things happen that are out of my control and I feel that God has made a mistake, my need to challenge His purpose is exposed. This happens because I do not know the mighty plan that God is unfolding.

The passing of my Angel Girl has taken this truth to the extreme edge of my humility. I still question the “why” of this tragedy, but have seen wondrous things come from this heartbreak. When I become still and submit to Gods authority, I realize that His plan is greater than my little world, but my little world helps make up His mighty plan. And that is very humbling.

I pray that going forward I am humbled by the fact that I am not the focus of Gods plan, but Gods plan is where my focus should lie. He alone will lift me up and I will humble myself to Him so that my power will be shown in my weakness.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment