Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Choice to Choose

Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. (Rom. 6:16)

As I lie at night and reflect on my day, I realize the many choices I could have made could alter my path as to where and how I rest. This passage is referring to our choice to obey God or become a slave to sin. I can also read it to mean…choose to follow God and allow Him to carry you out of despair.

To take this further, despair can lead to desolation and gloom. When I find myself in this hopeless state, my mind tends to wander into what ifs, whys and if onlys. These thoughts turn into blame, and blame gets me nowhere, which leaves sin just around the corner. This is where I need to refocus my path back to God, and realize that this despair is only temporary and God is the one true constant.

I am riding the wave of grief. This is part of my journey, and will continue to enslave me in despair if I allow it to. It is up to me in these times to choose to focus on, and obey Gods truth, knowing He will bring me back to the peak of righteousness. I know as each time I go through this process and find God as my healer, it will diminish the power of future encounters with this misery.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment