Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Walking in the Light

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” (John 8:12)

It is difficult to really grasp that this earthly journey I am on is just a flash of time in the span of my eternal existence. Going through year-to-year, day-to-day, or even minute-to-minute can seem so drawn out and at times never ending. Time seems to come to a halt and I get entrapped in various circumstances. This is that “when will this be over” mentality.

The truth is, it will never be over. The circumstances and events I experience stay with me and make up my journey, they help define the path I take. As I am learning to walk in the light of the Lord, I am coming to recognize that the darkness that comes upon me is a reminder beacon to allow the Lord to light my way. It has taken my current experience to know this to be true.

As I now know this truth, I will now aspire to bring the light of the Lord into all experiences, be they dark or light. God doesn’t want me to just rely on his comfort in times of darkness; he wants me to celebrate with him in times of joy.

This passage is telling me, as I walk this truth in this physical life and rely on the Lord in all circumstances, He will transform my existence through eternal life. So as I take my next step, I will reach for His hand and walk with Him the remainder of my journey and beyond.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment