Welcome

Welcome to my ongoing journal of my journey with God!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Prayer of Purpose

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. (Rom. 8:26-27)

As I have been going on these last few days I have had some internal struggles. My writing yesterday touched on the surface of this struggle. My calamity stems from my undefined purpose of this journal. I continually pray and talk to God about the direction and ultimate goal of these words. But, it is a continual dialog that seems to be going around in circles.

When I came across this passage, it reminded me God knows our heart through the Holy Spirit that dwells within us. This is simple to say, but we must trust it to be true. God created us with a complicated mind that has a tendency is to try and solve the riddle of life. He knows this, and I believe that He wants our curiosity to strive for those answers — it is what drives us to know Him.

So, I will continue to pray in circles as to my purpose of this journal and the barrage of other happenings in my life, knowing that the Holy Spirit will translate the truth in my heart directly to God. This will allow me to rest on the peace that the purpose of these words will find their way. Whether their purpose is to help me or others gain understanding and faith through God or it is just an exercise in the written word. The passage that follows the one above states:

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Rom. 8:28)

I pray that I am able to let go and let God, and allow the Holy Spirit to be my translator to Him so my prayers are heard for the truth that is in my heart, and that my purpose is revealed.

May God bless you and give you Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment